Job Opening: Senior IT Auditor for Windstream
Job Title: Senior IT Auditor
Location: Fairport, NY
Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a Fortune 500 communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 46 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
Plays a key role in providing assurance that the company’s internal controls and general computer controls are operating effectively, in accordance with regulatory, operational, and Section 404 requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Participates in and oversees Internal Audit responsibilities including managing multiple Internal Audits covering various processes, as well as train and manage staff. Provides guidance to meet compliance, security and audit requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
• Develops and implements an IT audit strategy and plan to review technical systems controls, identify control weakness and communicate significant control and compliance risk to senior management.
• Responsible for planning and performing audits of information systems and related processes in a multi-platform environment. This may include reviewing organizational IT policies, standards and procedures and providing advice on their adequacy, accuracy and compliance with government guidelines and regulatory requirements (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley Act); assisting management in the identification and assessment of technology related risks, and reporting on the adequacy of risk-based controls; evaluating technology and business related controls for integrated IT and business auditing efforts.
• Prepares formal written reports, as requested, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the enterprise’s information systems.
• Participates in new system development and implementation reviews by reviewing project documentation, conducting interviews, and assessing work completed.
• Ensures that development efforts are in compliance with organizational policies, standards and procedures, and controls are adequately incorporated into the systems; identifies areas of opportunity for process, control or cost improvement.
• Works with external auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support the external auditing functions and local, federal examinations.
• May be responsible for developing and implementing tools to support automated audit effort. May perform due diligence and special review(s) work as required by management.
• Works on multiple auditing projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert.
• Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
• Defines and discerns key aspects of a problem and develops an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact.
• Provide IT best practice recommendations based on result of audit/assessments and monitor remediation of control deficiencies as needed.
• Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff.
Education & Experience
Required: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field; 3-5 years professional level experience; 3 or more years IT auditing or equivalent experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience
required. Technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/environments.
Preferred: 3-5 years experience with a public accounting firm or equivalent experience in an Internal Audit function is highly desired. 1-2 years experience in the Telecommunications Industry preferred. 1-2 years experience in IT Operations is a plus. Experience leveraging computer assisted auditing techniques and tools (e.g. ACL).
Essential Job Knowledge
• Comprehensive knowledge of auditing practices, procedures, and principles, sufficient enough to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply these in innovative ways
• Requires technical knowledge, training and understanding of a Job's requirements.
• Has working knowledge of generally applicable and accepted auditing standards and framework (e.g., COBIT) and best practices for IT services management (e.g.,ITIL), government guidelines and laws (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley Act).
• Possesses advanced Microsoft Office skills
CISA or CIA designations are highly desirable although not required. However, a certification is important for progressing to higher levels within the department. Membership with recognized auditing and controls organizations preferred (IIA, ISACA, ACFE, ISC2)
Desired Work Traits & Skills
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• Capability and desire to evaluate the effectiveness of management in their stewardship of Windstream’s resources and their compliance with established corporate policy and procedures including corporate governance and code of business conduct standards. Responsible for critical work and/or complex projects performed within a broader technical and business context.
• Strong interpersonal skills – ability to lead effectively and work closely with people at all levels of the organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles and work ethic
• Advanced technical, analytical, and effective communication and negotiation skills are critical to the success of this position
• Strategic thinker with ability to implement changes necessary to meet company and department objectives. Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Some travel is required, approximately 10-20%; and overtime considerations when appropriate.
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Professional Dues Reimbursement
• Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
• Medical and Dental Insurance Options
• Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
• Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
• 401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team-based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
How to Apply
Send a resume to Joshua.Bold@Windstream.com. All candidate inquires will be kept highly confidential.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.
There is no relocation package offered for this position.